North Valley Bank was originally established in 1904 by local area businessmen in the Village of Corning, Ohio as The Bank of Corning Company. The need for a locally owned, community-oriented commercial bank arose out of the oil boom at the turn of the century. Southern Perry County thrived on the oil production industry, which in turn spawned the natural gas and coal industries in the area. The Village of Corning, along with surrounding communities, continued to thrive until the mid 1950.
In 1997, The Bank of Corning Company Board of Directors created a Five Year Strategic Plan detailing goals for the future of the Bank. The first was accomplished in 1998 when The Bank of Corning Company officially became North Valley Bank. Following the change of name, the Bank expanded its market area by building a new office located in South Zanesville. In June of 2000 the doors were officially opened and this new office became the Bank headquarters.
Today, North Valley Bank has three locations, located in Muskingum, Perry, and Morgan County. Our three branches currently serve over eleven Ohio counties. North Valley plans to open a future branch in North Zanesville as well.
Despite the changes and the resulting success the bank has experienced over the past decade, our founding principle persists. North Valley Bank remains a locally owned, community-oriented commercial bank dedicated to the idea of ?local business men and women serving local businesses.?